Saturday, September 7, 2013

The attachment method

I've come to be hard on myself with the length of sleep Cruz gets. Somehow I think I've failed as a new mom the older and older he his and if he's not sleeping for several hours in a row. Until now!  I've read a ton of sleep books. In fact it's been my preoccupation since his birth. I knew that I was doing a lot of the attachment parenting methods I just didn't know it by heart what any of it was. I knew this:
Breast feeding 
Cosleeping
Baby wearing
Very little crying
Demand feeding 

According to this site and method in doing everything right!  Cruz will sleep through the night when he's ready. He will want to do all this when he's ready. Americans want their babies to be more independent than they are. Attachment parenting allows them to be nurtured and loved instead of laying in a cold dark room crying. Although I'm living in a fog most days I know that this is only temporary and it will benefit Cruz in the long run. I'm not judging other parents' styles; I just know that this is the style that works best for my baby and I. 

http://attachmentparenting.org 


No comments:

Post a Comment