Monday, June 9, 2014

Cruz decided he was done

Cruz decided he was done with Breastfeeding on 6/5/2014. I didn't realize that this connection with my baby would end this day. I am sad. I went on vacation for a friends wedding and was away from him for 3 days. When I returned yesterday he didn't want it. I offered him some this morning, nap time and finally at bed. He rejected it all three times. Breastfeeding has been hard. It hurt at first. It was draining when I first started. It consumed my days and nights when he was a newborn. It provided comfort most recently. Tonight I rocked him for a bit and he rest his head on my chest. I am truly fortunate to have been able to breastfeed for 15 1/2 months. I am happy that Cruz decided for himself however am a little sad too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment