Thursday, June 6, 2013

Swaddle That Baby!!!

I want to go on record and say I love the book "happiest baby on the block". I have been doing the 5 s' and have been having success with Cruz. The 5 s' are:
1.) swaddle
2.) side
3.) swing
4.) suck
5.) shoosh

I've been doing this before reading the book but not all together with without being able to swaddle real well. I've tried but I never was tight enough. Cruz would rip out of it fast. I bough a swaddle with Velcro. Cruz isn't a fan of it at first but immediately calms down. Right now he's asleep in my arms after #4. No shooshing required!!!  Last night he slept better and in longer durations with it. I can't believe I'm just now getting it!  

We had a good day today. We went to the Y. He likes it there. Everyone is very sweet!  I feel very comfortable leaving him with the workers. We played afterwards at home. He loves when I have him over my head like he's flying. He rolled over once but was frustrated and didn't want to do it again. 

Okay, going to put him to sleep. Pray!  No crying. He looks like he's sound asleep!


No comments:

Post a Comment