Friday, May 24, 2013

Road trip #2




We left Houston at 6pm on Thursday and headed to Dallas. Cruz slept peacefully most of the way. The beginning of the ride he was awake although he never fussed. He just sucked on his pacifier and when that wasn't available he sucked on his hands. We got to the Belmont Hotel around 10:30. Cruz was sound asleep until 1 am. I nursed him and then he was down again but then up at 4 am then at 5:30. His schedule is a bit off. It's 5:30 right now and he's sound asleep. I hope he doesn't think this is the long sleep for the night because he has Autumn, Stephen, Rex, and Daddy to hang out with for a bit. 
My mom visited us today. Cruzer smiled at Grama a lot today. She grinned and bared the drive to Dallas all in the name of Cruz!  This says a lot!  Cruz you have Grama's heart!  Big time!

I am picking up where I left off yesterday. It's 5/25 (sat morning) at 9:05. Cruz and I visited with everyone last night until 8 pm. He was very good although exhausted. Not much of a fight was put up last night when he went to sleep. He slept for 6 hours in a row!  He was up at 5:56 ready to start his day. I however was not although I got up. We went on a walk to grab some coffee then headed home. We were out and about for about an hour. We got home to our hotel and took a nap. Not a long one be wise be was up 45 min later. Fortunately he was content playing in his bouncer. He let daddy sleep (Brian went out with the gang to see Josh perform the night before) and mommy take a shower. 

Later: My friend Amy from my old apartments met us for brunch. Cruz was good there too. He was a little fussy but quickly took a power nap and was happy when he woke up. Once we were done with brunch I headed back to the hotel to check out and pack up the car. We drive to Burleson. I dropped off Brian. Then we drive to Ft Worth to visit uncle Matt and his dogs. They did really well which I think is a load off my brother. I am now back at Kaye's house and am in bed. Cruz took. Np on the way over here. I tried to wake him up around 6 to hang out. He was not having it. He's been sleeping pretty much since we got here which means tonight might be hard on me. Pray he sleeps well to help mama get some rest. 

More to report on Sunday and Monday!  Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment