Thursday, May 2, 2013

Stroller strides workout

Cruz woke up at 5:45 this morning. We stayed awake until 7:15ish then he was ready for his first nap. I layed around for a bit then started loading the jeep with the jogging stroller, car seat, diaper bag. I slapped some makeup on and my workout clothes. I scooped up Cruz and we headed to Memorial for our first Stroller Strides class. We ended up going to the wrong park so we missed half of the class. :(. I did get an idea of the class so I'm a little more informed. I am going to their special Mothers Day class next week to get a full class in! Tomorrow I am telling Francescas that I am not coming back to work. It's bitter sweet. Francescas was my favorite job. I truly lived the people I worked with and felt I had respect in my job. I don't love that job enough to miss out on Cruz. With some creative ventures like Stroller Strides I feel we can pull this off. I knew motherhood was going to change me. It changes everyone. I just didn't know how or what it was going to be like. I look at Cruz with so much love. More love then I could ever imagine. I miss him when he goes to sleep. I wake up when he smiles at me and wants to start his day at 5:45 am (like today). This is what it's all about for me and our family. I was scared to bring this up to Brian. We never really talked about me staying at home. When I did tell him my feelings and ask if I could stay at home he said of course! My mom was so happy when I told her. Brian's mom was too. Everyone that I have told is happy. The stay at home mommies have all said it was the best decision they ever made. I just want to be the best mom and wife I can be. I know I can this way :). I am telling my boss tomorrow morning. I am nervous. I am a little sad. When I went to visit last week I had second thoughts about my decision. I missed my friends! Then I looked at Cruz. Decision is made! I am excited about this new life that our family has in store for us. Whenever Cruz smiles, coos, recognizes my face, sleeps a longer stretch of time, surprises me with a car ride with very little crying, or does something new I am proud. I can't wait to have these moments throughout my day. I love to tell Brian the new things. I am excited to visit him at work next week with Cruz. I am happy to be able to watch Kayden and Tayton this summer when we have them. Words can't express how grateful I am that we can do this. To new beginnings!!! The next chapter started on 2.28.13 and his name is Cruz!


No comments:

Post a Comment